Friday, November 28, 2014

Movement?!!

According to various websites and apps...a pregnant woman can begin feeling movements ("quickening") anywhere from 14-25 weeks. The few apps that I have on my phone mentioned it this week- 16. I may have felt some earlier...but, my Dr. told me that it can be hard to distinguish movement from gas...awesome. Well 2 days ago, the day before Thanksgiving, Jared went to play in the annual Turkey Bowl and I stayed home because I didn't want to sit in the cold. I cuddled in bed with Percy and watched Christmas movies (my fave)! I was sitting up and all of a sudden felt something that I thought was a little roll. I thought that was a little strange and like nothing I had felt before. So I put my hand on my belly and began rolling my fingers. The next thing I know, I feel a little jab. So I continued doing it after each jab, and Baby Bartlam continued too. I was overjoyed! It was such a strange but overwhelming feeling of love and happiness. I called my mom and began crying (pregnancy hormones? or just my usual sensitive self??). I told her that I felt the baby moving and she was surprised I could feel he/she so early! Each day since then, I have felt a little here and there. I tried getting Jared to feel today, but he couldn't feel anything yet. Baby is so little, it can only be felt from the inside!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and got to spend it with the people the love! I am very thankful and blessed!



No comments:

Post a Comment