Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Dr Appt. #2 and Fall Party

So after my first appointment on Wednesday, September 17th...that following Sunday I felt like I lost all of those pregnancy symptoms that were so apparent from the beginning. Of course, I did what I wasn't suppose to do and I Googled it...Well there is a thing called a "Missed Miscarriage" where you don't get the bleeding or cramping- you just lose all of the symptoms. I freaked out for the next day and finally called the Dr. on Tuesday and scheduled an ultrasound for later that day. I took a half day at school and Jared took me to the Dr. I was so stressed and worried, I know, not good at all! It turns out, everything was fine! We HEARD the heartbeat @ 143 bpm! Jared just looked at me and smiled while shaking his head! The minute that I saw the ultrasound on the screen, I began to tear up, because my baby was ok!!

So that night, Meredith was throwing a "fall party", where we were all going to bring fall snacks and do crafts! (Side note: Meredith ended up finding out first because she came over to put together a gift and I let her use our bathroom- which still had the tests out on the counter! She couldn't keep it a secret for long so wanted to throw a party to reveal to the girls) I picked up some mini pumpkin cupcakes and put a label on it that said, "If I have to get fat, so do you!"
I was excited because all the girls were going to be there (except Kacee :( )
So we carried on as usual, ate dinner, chit chatted...an hour or so went by and a few of them read and glanced at the cupcakes, but it didn't click...

I kept looking at Meredith, like REALLY?? So finally, I took my cupcakes and said, "If no one wants to eat my cupcakes that say, "If I have to get fat, so do you", I'm PREGNANT!" and they all were surprised! I showed them my ultrasound which was tape to the bottom of the cupcakes. They were all excited and I told them all of the details.

Then that Friday, I ended up telling Courtney, the girl I ride to school with everyday and Megan, my assistant teacher. I made them cinnamon rolls and muffins with the same label attached. They both knew something was going on, and was very excited for me!
I couldn't keep it in much longer from my other co-workers because I had been going to the Dr, when they all know I never go to the Dr unless I am dying...so that Monday, I made some Apple Fritter Bread and told them all to come get a treat in a my room.... I attached this poem I wrote to it:

"I hope that you enjoy this treat,
Now that you are able to meet...
Someone that is close to my heart...
Raspberry size---Baby Bart!"

They were also all excited for the news!

No comments:

Post a Comment