Monday, February 9, 2015

Weeks 25 & 26

First of all, let me start with time is going by so fast. As I sit here and type this, I am currently 12 weeks and some days away from my due date!? WHAT? It is absolutely absurd! I know that every year, we all don't know how the time gets away from us. But of course, the day in and day out, seems to drag on. I'm on the fence... I want time to slow down a bit, because I don't feel like I'm ready yet (although, I know you can never be fully ready for this adventure). Then again, I can't wait to meet my little bundle of joy- to hold and kiss him! It is definitely all in God's perfect timing.

Week twenty-five...

Jared made fun of me for my sign in this one... But as you can see Baby Bartlam is giving mommy heartburn, acid reflux, indigestion...etc. I know it's all worth it, but boy does it hurt after I eat (and it's random food, too). 


I had a friend take this picture at school. This picture marks the day before 26 weeks and 99 days remaining...

During my 26th week, I had my doctor's appointment. The blood pressure came down- I've still continued to take the medicine- it was 106/78. Like I've said before, I think (hope) that the reason I was having the hbp was because of the unknown...not knowing if everything was alright in there. Also, the uneasiness of going to the doctor in the first place. Now that I can feel this wiggle worm moving constantly, I don't have as much fear. My weight on the other hand is a whole other issue...
At the beginning the doctor told me to try to gain only 25 lbs. Well, I am about to surpass that mark. I am VERY thankful that I did not have the morning sickness, but the tiredness that came along with the first trimester led to laziness. Literally everyday that I came home, up until about week 15, I could not do anything. I would want to eat and go to bed! I'm blaming that! 
For the past month, since the last time I went to the doctor, I only gained 4 lbs- which is normal. According to my apps, it says that I should typically be gaining about 1 lb a week from here on out. I hope that that's not true either!! All of January I have been "exercising" (aka walking) for 1-1.5 hours five days a week. I think that has definitely helped keep the lbs at bay. Thank goodness for the energy! It's crazy how much I can get done (although sometimes I still don't feel like it). I don't feel like I'm that big yet, so I don't know where these lbs are going! I really hope baby isn't taking it ALL!
I will have my next ultrasound at my 30 week appointment. I can't wait to see him- it'll have been 12 weeks since the last time I saw him! So his heart rate was 154- the tech said it was perfect! He didn't kick the doppler off this time. I did mention to the doctor that I have been having pains in my upper left side of my ribs after I eat, and it's not every time I eat. I noted some foods that seemed to trigger the pain and let her know how long it lasted (1-2 hours). She said the symptoms sounded like gallbladder issues, but on the opposite side. She said that I could be developing, or soon develop, a stomach ulcer. So, I am also taking pepcid. She also suggested eating smaller meals throughout the day instead of 3 big meals. I also blame it on having a small torso. Baby is wanting to take up all the room so I'm sure my stomach is all crammed up under my ribs!
I take my glucose test in a 10 days. Praying for good news!


 Here's my cuddle buddy, watching tv with me and baby bump!


 Here I am walking around the gym during recess because our kids couldn't go outside- it was too cold! They loved the gym and I loved being able to get my steps in!


And one of my little girls took a picture for me. A little blurry, but here I am at the end of 26 weeks.



And on Saturday, the first day of week 27, Mandi and I went shopping. We spent 3 hours in Babies R Us registering for our boys. We were both exhausted afterwards. She is 19 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment