Friday, February 27, 2015

3rd Trimester: Weeks 28 and 29

I cannot believe the 3rd, and last trimester is already here! It has already flown by! I hope these last few months go a little slower so that I can be better prepared for Brooks to arrive!

During week 28, we went on a short vacation to the mountains. We stayed right on the Tennessee/North Carolina border at Lake Watuga. (Keep in mind, we have not had a chance to vacation in the mountains since our engagement weekend.)
It was beautiful, but sssooo cold! I would love to go back.....during any season OTHER THAN winter! One night, it got down to 2 degrees! There was also supposed to be a storm that could make the wind 65 MPH and a possible loss of power. We were near the top of the mountain, so that was a little scary. 

One of the days we ventured out to this waterfall (or icefall). As you can see I was layered up, with Jared's clothes on top!

It was just a LITTLE chilly!

When we got back, I had my glucose test done at the doctor's office. I expected the orange drink to be disgusting and room temperature/hot. Surprisingly, it wasn't bad at all. It literally tasted like everyone said...orange soda, and it was cold, thank goodness! They took my blood pressure again and it came down to 98/58. Which seemed very low since the past few times I've been in. I realized that this could be because it was first thing in the morning and unlike my usual appointments which are after school. Well the doctor told me to monitor twice a day and that I could probably come off the medication. Yaye! The nurse also had me sign papers about the delivery, which freaked me out a little bit. I am not ready yet! I finally went back, after an hour, and got my blood taken. She called me back the next day to let me know I passed! Some more good news!

Week 29: After coming from 2 degrees, it was nice to come to 70+ (at least one of the days this week). This girl was not made for cold weather. I don't know how I ever lived in Colorado or Korea!
Bruce, my father in law, took some practice maternity pictures around the neighborhood. We will take some more as my belly gets a little bigger.


This week, or the past few days, my skin has felt so tight. I feel like my belly button might split open! He has been moving around like crazy, contorting my belly. It has even hurt. There not always just little jabs anymore. I can feel him moving from one side to another. I keep hearing it will only get worse as he continues to grow.

I also had my first baby shower this week! It was after school. The teachers I work with are the best!



Brooks is spoiled already! Now, we just have to get started on putting his room together! Stay tuned... Gotta get the hubby into high gear!


No comments:

Post a Comment